- 2 peaches, cut in half, pit removed
- 3 plums, cut in half, pit removed
- 2 bosc pears, cut in half, core and stem removed
- 2 fresh figs, cut in half
- 1 pink grapefruit, cut in half
- Freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh mint, finely chopped
- 30g unripened goat cheese
- 2 tbsp fat free plain Greek yogurt
- 1 scoop vanilla flavored whey protein powder
Goat Cheese Topping
- Preheat your outdoor grill to very high heat; While grill is heating, prep all your fruits. Set them face up on a cutting board and sprinkle with a tiny bit of freshly cracked black pepper.
- When grill is hot enough, place your fruits face down on the grill and cook until they get nice grill marks on them, about 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from grill and set on your cutting board. Cut peaches, plums and pears into bite size pieces, (you might want to keep a few pear slices to garnish) and transfer to medium size mixing bowl.
- Using a teaspoon, remove the flesh from the grapefruit and add to the rest of the fruits. Squeeze as much of the juice as you possibly can over the fruits. Toss in basil and mint leaves and mix until well combined. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, add goat cheese, Greek yogurt and protein powder. Mix with a spoon until well incorporated. It might look like there is too much powder at first, but it will come together eventually. Same goes for the "lumpy" feeling. Just let the mixture rest for about a minute and give it another quick stir. It will become nice and smooth.
- When ready to serve, divide fruit salad between 4 bowls and top with goat cheese mixture. Garnish with fig halves, slices of pears and mint leaves, if desired.
- For a little bit of added yumness, pour a teaspoon of Pomegranate Agrodolce over the whole thing. This will take your fruit salad straight to the next level, I swear!