2 lb. Loaf Recipe:
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1½ teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 10 tablespoons freshly chopped jalapeño peppers
1.5 Loaf Recipe:
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1¼ teaspoon active dry yeast
- ¾ cup warm water
- 1 ½ tablespoons sugar
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 8 tablespoons freshly chopped jalapeño peppers
- First you should prepare the ingredients and with this recipe it is essential to take extra special care when chopping up the jalapeño peppers, as if you get them in your eyes it will be seriously painful. The best practice is to wear gloves. Even so you should thoroughly wash your hands after handling the peppers!
- Next you should gather all the ingredients and make sure that the bread machine is assembled and ready to use. The order in which the ingredients are added will depend on the model you have so just follow the instructions of your particular machine and then select the ‘knead’ or ‘mix’ function.
- After ten minutes you can open the lid and test the consistency of the dough and add flour if it is too wet or water if it is too dry. Once the dough is ready you can then select the ‘basic bread’ function and press Start. You should use a wire rack to cool the bread once it has finished in the machine.