- 2 cups sugar
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1¾ cups all purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup canola oil
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup reese peanut butter morsels
Peanut Butter Buttercream
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1 cup Reese's Peanut Butter
- 1- ½ cups confectioners sugar
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Line muffin pan with paper cups. Recipe makes approximately 30 filling to ⅔ capacity.
- Mix together all the dry ingredients excluding the peanut butter morsels.
- Add milk, eggs, oil and vanilla and mix for approximately 2 minutes on low speed until combined.
- Add boiling water (the batter will be thin)
- Scoop batter into individual muffin tins.
- Distribute peanut butter morsels among filled cupcakes, bake for 20 to 25 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
- In a stand mixer cream the butter and peanut butter together. Add salt. Slowly incorporate confectioners sugar stopping occasionally to scrape the sides of the bowl. Once incorporated add vanilla and milk to mixture until light and fluffy.