To make this you will need:
1 loaf of french bread
3 cups of milk
6 Tablespoons of sugar
2 teaspoons of cinnamon
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
2 Tablespoons of butter
Preheat the oven to 350.
1. Spray a 9×13 inch dish with cooking spray. The butter flavored kind works great for this recipe.
2. Cut the french bread into cubes, about 1 inch apiece. This will give you approximately 10 cups of cubed bread. Place the bread in the baking dish and spread evenly.
3. Whisk together the eggs, milk, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, vanilla extract and 2 Tablespoons of sugar.
4. Pour the egg and milk mixture over the bread and let it sit while you prepare the topping.
5. Cut butter into small pieces and place over the top of the bread.
6. Mix together the remaining sugar (4 Tablespoons) and cinnamon (1 teaspoon). Sprinkle over the top of the bread.
7. Bake uncovered for 45 to 50 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
8. Top with syrup, powdered sugar or fruit, if desired.
This would make a delicious breakfast for Christmas morning.