- 1 cup cooked rice, (brown or white) warm or at room temperature
- 1 cup cooked, shredded chicken (or shredded pork or beef etc.)
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 green onion, finely sliced
- ½ red or green pepper, diced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- ½ tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 cups shredded cheese (cheddar, pepper jack, Monterey jack etc.)
- Sour cream (optional)
- 6 burrito-sized flour tortillas
- In a large bowl, mix rice together with chili powder, cumin and garlic salt. Add remaining ingredients except for cheese and sour cream. Sprinkle cheese over tortillas, leaving ½-inch border around edges, then arrange chicken and rice mixture down the center of each tortilla. (Optional: Add a little sour cream in the wraps.) Roll stuffed tortillas, leaving edges open and slightly flatten the wraps with the palm of your hand. Spray seam-side of the wrap lightly with cooking spray.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet (or griddle) over medium heat for 1 minute. Arrange wraps, seam-side down, in pan or griddle and cook until golden brown and crisp, about 2-3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and repeat with remaining wraps. Serve warm.