- 6 tablespoons light butter, softened (I use Land O’Lakes)
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar - I used light (vs dark)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg white
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 ½ cups white whole wheat flour (I use King Arthur Flour)
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet (or two) with parchment paper (or set aside an ungreased baking sheet).
- In a mixing bowl, combine the butter, brown sugar and white sugar and cream together using an electric mixer until well combined. Add the vanilla, egg white and water and stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda and salt. Add the dry mixture to the wet one and stir until fully combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Drop 24 rounded tablespoons onto the reserved baking sheets (12 cookies per standard baking sheet, so either use two or make two batches) and bake for 8-12 minutes. When cookies are done, transfer to a cooling rack.