Thursday, March 27, 2014

  • 1 cup milk
  • 3/4 cups water
  • 1 and 1/4 cup quick cooking oats
  • 1/4 cups dried cherries
  • 2 teaspoons brown sugar
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 drops almond extract
  • 2 Tablespoons cherry jam
  • slivered almonds or crunchy almond granola - for garnish
This oatmeal is loaded with cherry and vanilla flavor. It's gets a cherry infusion 3 ways: dried cherries, cherry jam and almond extract (which often tastes more like cherries than almonds.) I like my oatmeal a little on the thicker side. If you like it a little more soupy, reduce the amount of oats to 1 cup. I opted to top my servings with crunchy almond granola so I'd get a nice differential in texture. I've also had this with a few slivered almonds on top and that was great too.

0 commentaires:

Post a Comment

Categories

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.