- Cantaloupe (rockmelon) or other sweet-ish melon
- Marshmallow (optional)
- Garnish items such as mint leaf, crushed nuts, sesame seeds or cinnamon
- Pick the fruit combination. Use fruit that can endure being cut into cubes and won’t brown .
- If adding marshmallow, this will add a soft textured sweetness to the finished cube. It won’t be as healthy !
Cut the fruit into cubes.
The cubes work well at around 2.5 cm / 1 inch each. This step is a bit
fiddly but cutting well shaped cubes is what makes the whole cube work
- Use a sharp knife for clean cutting.
Assemble the cube. Do this on the actual serving dish.
- Make one row consisting of three alternating cubes. Alternate so that no adjacent cubes are the same fruit.
- The base consist of four sides of three cubes each side.
- Make two more layers the same. The cube is complete.
Serve. Place a mint leaf on top for a garnish. Sprinkle with crushed nuts, sesame seeds or a spice like cinnamon .
- It is possible to serve this as a single cube for everyone to share from, or you can make it as a single serve cube for each diner. This will depend on how large you make the final fruit cube and how much fruit you’ve got to make the small cubes from.