1/2 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream (half & half works too)
3 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
Icing from cinnamon rolls
Powdered sugar, if desired
1. In a large glass bowl, melt butter then together with sugar.
2. Beat in eggs, cream, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla.
3. Open canned cinnamon rolls, slice each cinnamon roll into eighths. Place cinnamon roll pieces into the bowl of egg mixture and toss to thoroughly coat.Then pour the pieces, coated in egg mixture, into a greased 9x12 casserole dish and spread out evenly. Any remaining egg mixture, you can brush over top of areas that look like they might get dry.
4. Sprinkle with pecans and then bake on 350˚ on a low rack for 35-40 minutes.
5. Remove bake from oven. Warm icing from cinnamon rolls in microwave for 15 seconds; pour evenly over bake. Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired.