- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons roast beef drippings (or butter, oil or lard), melted
- Mix the four, milk, eggs, salt and 2 tablespoons of the drippings in a large bowl until smooth.
- Divide the remaining drippings between 12 muffin holes in a muffin pan and place in a preheated 450F oven for 5 minutes.
- Carefully pull the pan out of the oven and spoon the batter into each muffin hole filling them about half way.
- Return the pan to the oven and bake for 20 minutes, reduce the heat to 350F and bake until golden brown all over, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and enjoy while still warm.