- 6 tilapia fillets, defrosted if frozen
- 2 eggs
- 4 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- lemon for serving
- 1 1/2 cups Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1 cup cornflake crumbs
- 1/2 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt & pepper
- In a small bowl, combine eggs, dijon mustard & water. Mix well and set aside.
- In a shallow dish, combine all of the coating ingredients.
- Dip each tilapia fillet into the egg mixture and then into the crumb mixture. Be sure to press the crumbs into the fish and make sure it's completely coated.
- Once all of the fillets are coated, preheat an electric griddle (you can do this on the stovetop if you prefer) to high. Melt the butter & olive oil on the griddle.
- Place the coated fish fillets on the griddle, and cover with an inverted pan and cook for 3 minutes. Flip the fish, cover again and cook an additional 3 minutes.
- Serve with fresh lemon slices.