- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 2/3 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup M&M (optional)
- In a large bowl, cream your butter and sugars until smooth and creamy. Add egg and vanilla.
- Next, add the baking soda, cinnamon, oats, and flour all at once. Mix well, but only until all ingredients are well incorporated, but now more. Add chocolate chips and M&Ms (if using).
- Chill dough in the fridge for at least an hour. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F and scoops out chilled dough onto parchment-lined baking sheet. Press down slightly with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes, or until the edges of the cookies are slightly browned. Remove from oven and press down with a back of a spoon slightly, while they're still warm.
- Let cool before enjoying. Store in an airtight container.