- French Toast
- 1 store bought angel food cake (7")
- 4 eggs, whisked
- ¾ cups milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
Additional Toppings (optional)
- Cream Cheese, softened
- Powdered sugar
- Begin simmering Strawberry Syrup.
- Meanwhile, slice angel food cake into 12-14 pieces, or to desired thickness. In a shallow dish, combine eggs, milk, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Dip half of the slices (or as many that will fit in your skillet) into the egg mixture, resting for a few seconds on each side. Add the coated slices to the heated skillet and cook until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes. Melt 1 more tablespoon butter in skillet and repeat with remaining slices.
- Spread the cream cheese on the slices, and top with strawberry syrup and powdered sugar.