Monday, March 24, 2014

I eat oatmeal almost every morning now. There are SO MANY variations.... the possibilities are endless!! So honestly speaking, I find oatmeal to be one of the most versatile foods in our Western diet. Seriously, few foods can offer such a variety of texture and flavor in conjunction with the level of simplicity involved in preparing it.
I still don't understand how a Chinese-American girl who, throughout her childhood either skipped breakfast or drowned her pancakes in boatloads of syrup and whipped cream, has now been blessed with an obsession for oatmeal. This was mentioned in an earlier post, but oatmeal is one of my favorite comfort foods of all time. I find that if I start my day with a really good bowl of oatmeal, I'm a happier person overall. Now, I don't know how to prove that in a scientific study, but what does that matter anyway? ;)
BASIC INSTRUCTIONS: Although a bit more time consuming than quick oats, old-fashioned oatmeal is a rather simple dish to make. Best of all, you can customize with as many add-ins as you'd like! If you don't know how to make oatmeal, all you have to do is combine the basic ingredients in pot over medium heat, stirring occasionally (cooking time appx. 10 mins). Once it boils, take it off the heat and add all the other ingredients, to taste. Serve in a cute bowl or just eat directly out of the pot! :P Be careful not to burn yourself....

0 commentaires:

Post a Comment

Categories

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.