4 cups Dried Macaroni
1 Egg Beaten
4 Tablespoons Butter
¼ cups All-purpose Flour
2-½ cups Fat-Free Half and Half
2 teaspoons Dry Mustard, More If Desired
⅓ pound Smoked Gouda
½ pound Cheddar Cheese (any Kind You Want)
¼ pound Aged Clothbound Sharp Cheddar
½ teaspoons Salt, More To Taste
½ teaspoons Cajun Seasoning, More To Taste
½ teaspoons Ground Black Pepper
Directions:1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Cook macaroni until very firm, about three minutes. Drain and rinse with cool water.
3. Grate up a pound of your choice of cheese, reserve.
4. -In a large pot, melt butter and sprinkle in flour. Whisk together over medium-low heat. Cook mixture for five minutes, whisking constantly. Don’t let it burn.
5. Pour in half and half with mustard added a bit at a time and whisk until smooth each time. Once all cream has been incorporated cook until very thick. Reduce heat to low.
6. In a small bowl, beat egg.Take 1/4 cup of the sauce and slowly pour it into beaten egg, whisking constantly to avoid cooking eggs.
7. Pour egg mixture into sauce, whisking constantly. Stir until smooth and uniform in color.
8. Add in cheese and stir until melted, then add salt, pepper, and cajun seasoning. Taste sauce and add more seasoning if desired. Mix should taste salty, add more salt if needed.
9.Add back in drained, cooked macaroni and stir to combine.
10. Pour mix into a greased baking dish, top with extra cheese, and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly and golden on top. Serve and enjoy!