- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- salt, to taste
- Heat olive oil in a small saute pan over medium-high heat. Once oil is warm, add minced garlic and cook, stirring frequently for 1 to 2 minutes, or until fragrant. Keep a close eye on the garlic; if it becomes brown or scorched it will taste bitter.
- In a medium bowl, combine garlic oil mixture with the remaining ingredients. Season with salt to taste. Use immediately. May refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 1 week.