- 20 jumbo shells
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 cups of your favorite tomato sauce
- 1 lb. sausage
- Boil a large pot of water and add your pasta. Cook according to the package directions. Drain the noodles and set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spread 1/2 cup of your tomato sauce in the bottom of a 9x9 dish.
- Add the sausage to a hot pan. Cook until browned. Stir in 1 cup of tomato sauce and set aside.
- In a small bowl stir together the ricotta, 1/2 a cup of mozzarella, Parmesan, egg, and spinach. Spread one tablespoon of sauce into each shell. Top with a heaping amount of the sausage mixture. Place in your dish and continue with the remaining shells. Smoother in the remaining 1/2 cup of sauce and sprinkle with left over mozzarella.
- Bake, covered, for 20 minutes. Remove the lid and cook an additional 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.